If you need to defragment your Exchange database at a computer without Exchange components, you will probably use this MS KB: 244525: How to run Eseutil on a computer without Exchange Server. I tried it when I was defragmenting Exchange 2003 database at a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.
Eseutil was running fine, but after some time (when it used just over 2 GBs of RAM), I received an error described here: 273087: Error With Jcb.dll While Running Eseutil. Unfortunately, none of the methods described there were useful: when I pressed «Cancel» button, I received an «Operation terminated with error -2102 JET_errCallbackNotResolved, A callback function could not be found) after 1168.136 seconds.» error.
Eventually, I grabbed Process Monitor and found out that files described in Microsoft’s KB 244525 and in this thread «Re: JCB.DLL Not Found Error» weren’t enough – you need another one file: ntlsapi.dll. I copied it from a nearest Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 box to a system where eseutil were working and everything went smoothly.
While HP doesn’t support Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 as operating system for DL3x0 G4, you can install this software to it as usual. But after installation you find out no information at “HP System Management Homepage”.
This happens because neither WBEM components, nor HP Insight Management Agents cannot be installed.
When you try to install WBEM/HPIMA manually, you receive following error:
Installation for “HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions” requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:
– HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- Download HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions (cp010914.exe) to the server.
- Extract downloaded file with integrated extract feature.
- Set the compatibility mode for cpqsetup.exe as “Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)”.
- Run cpqsetup.exe, installation should works fine.
- Install HP Insight Management Agents/WBEM as usual.
- Also, one unknown device will disappear from Device Manager — it is called “HP ProLiant iLO2 Advanced System Management Controller” from now.