When you install HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service at a Terminal Server (which means you have RDP Service enabled for multiple users) you receive following errors:
- In installer: Service ‘HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service’ (hplopts) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
- In Application Log: The Passthrough Service could not be started. You must install Terminal Services or enable Remote Desktop.
This happens because of weird prerequisites check.
Set registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlTerminal ServerfDenyTSConnections = “0”. Installation should succeed.
While HP doesn’t support Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 as operating system for DL3x0 G4, you can install this software to it as usual. But after installation you find out no information at “HP System Management Homepage”.
This happens because neither WBEM components, nor HP Insight Management Agents cannot be installed.
When you try to install WBEM/HPIMA manually, you receive following error:
Installation for “HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions” requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:
– HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- Download HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions (cp010914.exe) to the server.
- Extract downloaded file with integrated extract feature.
- Set the compatibility mode for cpqsetup.exe as “Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)”.
- Run cpqsetup.exe, installation should works fine.
- Install HP Insight Management Agents/WBEM as usual.
- Also, one unknown device will disappear from Device Manager — it is called “HP ProLiant iLO2 Advanced System Management Controller” from now.